Being an avid book reader, it is a treat to get your hands on a fashion non-fiction book. Over the years, I have come across various books that have inspired me as a designer. Below are enlisted five of our all-time favourites from the collection.
- Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
- Leave Your Mark by Aliza Lincht
- In My Shoes by Tamara Mellon
- It by Alexa Chung
- Green Room by Wendell Rodricks: Also in the same category is the book Powder Room by Shefali Vasudev
There have been few books which are very popular in the fashion category but I feel they have failed to set the bar a bit higher for inspiration. Two of them have been reviewed below:
- Girl Boss by Sophia Amoruso : I haven’t even finished it reading, but I am not so in love with the story. It’s something to which I could barely relate to as a human being but its worth a try. But I really enjoyed their Netflix Series.
- Start Up Your Fashion Label by Aarthi Gunnupuri : I wasn’t expecting much from this book but it turned out to be even more disappointing. It is will be more useful for somebody who wants to opt for the usual and one who haven’t had much experience in this industry and wishes to start a brand.